Wednesday, May 20, 2009

On my way outta here


I have less than 24 hours left in Granada. Ally has been here for a week now, and we’ve enjoyed visiting the city and relaxing at the beach, only an hour away. My finals are finished, and my bags are packed. Having Ally here has given me a wonderful excuse to truly celebrate my semester and my final days in Spain. Yesterday we enjoyed an enchanted late night tour of the Alhambra and enjoyed some Sangria in the warm summer night. We’ve been up to the Albaycin to take in the gorgeous view at sunset, and tonight the visit culminates with a Flamenco show in the caves of Sacramonte.

I simply cannot fathom that I am leaving. Each activity is my last of its kind. Today I took my last shower in our little shower, we ate our last taste of Maria’s delectable Paella, and I’m walking these streets for the last time for a while. It has been a wonderful semester though. Looking back, it is impossible to believe that I have been here for five months. My departure is somewhat sad, but I’m ready to move on to the next phase of my life. It has been wonderful though and I am excited to have the time to truly reflect and take it all in.

Tomorrow we are off for a short stop in Madrid before moving on to Prague and Vienna. The real trip hasn’t even begun!

2 comments:

  1. prague? vienna? what? i didn't know that was in the plan.... gosh, now im really jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok Dawn, i've been jealous since the beginning of her trip :)
    Have a great time with Ally

    ReplyDelete