Monday, January 12, 2009

First impressions of Granada

El primer día (Enero 7) – Well, we’ve arrived. Annie and I met our family this afternoon and enjoyed a nice lunch with them. It had two pitchers of water and vegetables on the table! I was so excited to see that nice, fresh salad.


Some first impressions from this afternoon:

Our family is nice and very experienced with housing students. The Spanish isn’t perfect yet but it’s nice to realize that I can understand and make myself understood.

Granada is definitely a city. There are lots of people, buildings and cars in a small place and the streets aren’t nice and pristine like those of our imaginations. It has an interesting mix of international influence. Kebob restaurants are everywhere and many of the restaurants seem to cater to tourists.

It is rather cold here. For those of you in Alaska, the buildings aren’t very heated and we can’t exactly walk around in snow clothes so it is a little chilly. It even snowed today!

There are beautiful mountains nearby! They have a ton of snow on them. I always feel more at home with mountains in the distance.


I cannot wait to see and learn more.

*My wonderful roommate Annie and me in our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment