Friday, March 20, 2009

Meet my dear Cat-Face


*Above is a sample of some Granada graffiti and below is a pic of Cat and me in front of the palace in Madrid

Life continues to fly by in the unbelievable whirlwind of life here. I have spent the past week introducing my roommate from home to my life here in Granada. We spent last weekend touring around Madrid, and hanging out with other Americans and Erasmus students. It’s fun to have the common bond of speaking Spanish, and to be able to communicate with so many people. We spent the time catching up on the semester and our lives.

In Granada I took her out for tapas and to the parks. We went up in the mountains and walked all around the Alhambra. We even got lost in the neighborhood of the AlbaicĂ­n. One night we went out on the town Granadin style and returned home in the morning to sleep the day away. All in all it was a glorious time, and such a nice piece of home.

It is hard to not be homesick after such a wonderful time. Luckily I don’t have too much time to think about it as we head to Ronda and Malaga with our program this weekend and then I’m home for 2.5 days before I go gallivanting through Dublin.

We are still working at the hospital, and it looks like we’ll be spending a full 24 hour shift up at the clinic in the Sierras. That will be quite an experience! In the meantime, I am just continuing to try and learn the language. It makes it difficult constantly immersing myself in English on the weekends, but that’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make.
*A sample of my work in the hospital:)

No comments:

Post a Comment