Friday, March 6, 2009

We are precious in His sight

I am not searching for sympathy, I just feel that I need to take a moment hopefully demonstrate another instance of God’s gracious love. Last week my grandfather passed away in Arizona. My family was able to be there in his last hours, and attend the service this past weekend. I am so grateful that I got to spend Thanksgiving with him in Arizona this past year. I was the only one of my family, and it was a wonderful time that I was able to spend with Grandpa, even more precious now that I know it was my last.

Even though the rest of my family was together in Arizona, God did not for one second forget me. “Coincidentally” I had a ticket for Moraira, Spain for the next night. I spent the weekend in Moraira with my adoptive grandparents, Keith and Eleanor, old family friends. They pampered Annie and I and showered love on us along with Keith’s brother and his wife. Challenges constantly arise while I am here in Spain, but more and more I am certain that I am not alone. God loves me and I am so grateful.

*This picture may not be the most flattering but it has great memories of my Grandpa. This is him teaching Justin and I how to play Hearts over Thanksgiving, his favorite:)

2 comments:

  1. aww... thats so awesome. i love it when God shows up and shows us he cares even about little stuff and provides what we didn't even know we needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola sobrina. Viaje la carretera de la vida con felicitas y cuidado. La mirada, escucha, y aprende lo que el mundo tiene que enseñar.
    Su tio repugnar 'Duardo.

    ReplyDelete