
I have finally begun my “real” schedule. I work at the hospital 8 hours a week and am taking 4 classes. It will be busy and exhaustive at times, but it certainly helps to remember that each and every hour is a miracle from God. It wasn’t supposed to work out at all.
I have 2 specific language classes and 2 electives, the history of Islamic culture in Spain, and the political systems of Spain and the European Union. I am pretty excited about them. The work outside of class seems minimal and the subjects interesting.
I kicked off the semester with a trip to the Sierra Nevadas. We went on Saturday with the youth from the church that we have been attending. Magnificent mountains and snow are powerful medicine for my soul. It reminded me of home and all of the adventures I still need to have in Alaska!
There was a mass of people up there enjoying the long-awaited nice weather. I sledded (or is that slid) down the mountain a few times, but spent the majority of the day climbing a rocky mountain across the street and laying in the sun, enjoying the glorious sight around me.

sounds like you are having agreat time. I am excited to see how God has worked out all the details for you and your amazing semester. I am sure you are learning tone, mostly outside of class. I can't wait to go to Peru and join Denise. God has definately been weaving our lives into what he is going to be doing in Peru. Obedience is often hard, but so great when you do what you are supposed to.
ReplyDeleteGrace and Peace, Dennis